ICON Cancer Care is a leading Australian integrated cancer care provider with a number clinics providing Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology and Pharmacy Compounding.
Quadrant was attracted to ICON due to its market leadership in Australia, multiple organic and acquisition growth opportunities and robust doctor model. Quadrant acquired a majority stake in May 2014.
Our strategy is focussed on using Icon, then a purely medical oncology provider, as a platform to build Australia’s only integrated radiation oncology and medical oncology business. The extension into pharmacy compounding provided further diversification of earnings and significant synergies for the Icon group.
So far under Quadrant’s ownership, EBITDA has increased multiple times. Quadrant has also achieved a number of operational and structural improvements including:
- Significantly growing operations through acquisition and organically
- Emphasising the need to build and grow into a genuine integrated cancer care provider with operations across medical oncology, radiation oncology and cancer related pharmacy compounding
- Drive strategic partnerships including with leading Australian and global hospital operators
- Continue to expand operations globally including investments into Asia – first invested into Singapore in 2016
- Undertook a full review of supply terms and introduced new disciplines to deliver significant synergies and optimise cost structure
- Invested significantly in the calibre of the senior management team introducing a new CEO, CFO and other SLT members
“So far under Quadrant’s ownership, EBITDA has increased multiple times."